We welcome you to the website of the Lake Anna Garden Club, a local garden club near Lake Anna, Virginia. We were formed in 1998 and are dedicated to promoting interest in gardening, landscaping, and flower arranging.
Our ten meetings each year (we do not meet in January or February) can be a speaker, a field trip, or a holiday party. At each meeting held at the Lake Anna Rescue Squad in Bumpass, Virginia, members provide a brunch with tables decorated in a theme.
Our 50 member club is constantly growing and we encourage you to look through our website and then print the application to join our club (see membership page)
We enjoy working on special projects such as our Memorial Garden (left picture). We also participate in decorating Old Town Fredericksburg, VA for the holidays. (above)
WHY JOIN US?
If you are looking for a place to learn about gardening, flower arranging, horticulture, flower shows, or judging flower arrangements, the Lake Anna Garden Club is perfect for you. It is open to all women who have an interest in learning more about gardening, landscaping, or flower arranging.
For $35 annually, you will receive all the benefits of monthly meetings including interesting speakers, 2 to 3 field trips per year to interesting nurseries/gardens, and hands on meeting to learn how to create decorations or flower arrangements.
You will also have the opportunity to meet and socialize with other members with similiar interests.
Meeting are held montly on the 2nd Thursday of each month, except January and February. Meetings are held at the Louisa Area Rescue Squad in Bumpass, VA, unless we are on a field trip. Meetings usually start at 9:30 am with light refreshments, followed by a meeting, and the program for the day.
- FREE monthly newsletters (March-December) keeping members abreast of Club events
- FREE online subscription to FOOTPRINTS, the Piedmont District of the Virginia Federation of Garden Clubs' newsletter
- Enhancement of members' gardening and plant knowledge including tips on successfully growing plants, how to prune, and how to condition plant materials
- Access to demonstrations and workshops on flower arranging and landscaping
- Acquisition of information on how to attract birds and butterflies
- Access to information about classes to become a judge or master gardener
Instructing our group on flower arranging.